Monday, June 28, 2010

Oprah Winfrey wants to know, "Do YOU have What IT Takes?"

 It's all about the BRAND.  
And YOUR Networking Skills. Do you have IT?
Oprah Winfrey:
Last Week to Browse and Vote 

It’s amazing.  Everyone wants their “15 minutes of Fame.” Their shot to super stardom. And The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) offered that opportunity.

It’s one of the best run promotions I’ve ever seen.  WOW! (see below) It inspired me!


It had folks coming out from everywhere trying to get their own TALK SHOW. Some of these folks I didn’t even know knew my name, let alone my email –managed to be BOLD ENOUGH to ask for a “vote” on their video. It brought out the PR PERSON buried deep inside them. They learned how to toot their OWN (no pun intended) horn.


At first it was cute. Sure, I’ll support. I’ll go on the website and vote for you. I watched the video and did my bit.  Then I was getting like a request every other day from someone new – then I was getting like five requests a day.  Most were from people I really knew and considered them a friend or at least someone who we have had a conversation with. I knew they had the capacity, ability and desire to be a talk show host. We've chatted about it - and they even had a bit of a platform.

But it got bad when I was getting “personal” requests from people who clearly didn’t understand the concept what it takes to be an OPRAH media person or "celebrity.” A celebrity-status person is one that is “celebrated.” A person who has a FAN BASE.  A person who knows how garner support and build a team.

The "IT" factor is not just going to come forward because Oprah had a video contest.  "It" had to be there already;  it's a classic case of preparation meeting opportunity. 

I don’t think Oprah would want folks on her Network if they don’t know how to network


So, if you think you’re ready for OPRAH – think again.  It starts in your own backyard – and builds from there.  The Golden Rule always applies – treat others the way you want to be treated.  We reap what we sow. Don't ignore folks all year long - and then expect them to "vote" for you.

The winner of the OWN Talk Show Host Contest  – will not only be someone who is good on camera & has creative ideas – but someone who truly cares about PEOPLE. (And not just trying to be famous).   

Take a cue from Oprah. She set out just be serve PEOPLE not use them – that’s why she owns OWN.


 Trust me. It's going to be a person everyone loves not because they were so "good" on camera - but because they treated people right along the way - and will continue to do so even if they don't get their OWN show.

 These ladies have "paid" their dues - they are ready.They have something to share FOR REAL! They are friendly, caring, kind and giving. They are encouragers of my "projects," have poured into my life and I support them without question.  They have tons of people they support and pour into too...that's why they get support.   We reap what we sow.

Pam's FAV FIVE for the OWN Show:

1. Dr. Stacia Pierce

2. Melinda Emerson

3. Dr. Gail Hayes

4.Michelle McKinney Hammond

5. Francina Harrison


AN AUTHOR? 
YOU TOO CAN BE A SUPERSTAR!

Win a PR Boot Camp Scholarship! Let the World Know About YOUR book ! http://aweber.com/b/1PdK0


See the contest on how you can be the NEXT BEST-SELLING author by learning how to BRAND like a SUPERSTAR.  Leverage YOUR network and win a $800 PR BOOT Camp Scholarship!



http://www.pamperryonlinepr.com