Life is too short to be too little. Dream big in 2007. Expect more in 2007. The one thing that separates those who make things happen and those who don’t – is action.
Step out of the boat. Leap – and the net will appear! Believe and trust God. God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think.
Dreams can come true. Nothing is impossible with God. You’ve seen it happen for others. You’ve read their stories. Saw their movies. Heard about those who have gone from “rags to riches.” Think about Fantasia (American Idol winner), Chris Gardener (author of Pursuit of HappYness), and Ken Brown (author of From Welfare to Faring Well). All these folks worked hard and believed God.
What else did they have in common that made their dreams come true? Consistent persistence! Great things happen for people who let their dreams be the springboard for great actions.
It’s a spiritual principle: Faith without works is dead. It’s not enough to have a dream – you have to have a plan and work your plan!
This year dare to chart your course. Reignite your vision and be consistent in your persistence in your pursuit. In 2007, incorporate these 7 steps to get your dreams fulfilled:
1. Commit. Make a decision to follow your dreams that the Lord put in your heart no matter what others say. Know with absolute certainty that you will see the vision come to pass because you’re determined and God showed you. Psalm 37:5
2. Be Prudent. Don’t make decisions before knowing all the facts. Work smart and you won’t have to work hard. Prov. 27:12
Be Prepared. Don’t wait until there is an emergency or a deadline before you get moving on project. Successful people plan ahead. Haste makes waste. Prov. 21:31
3. Be focused. Get clear on what you want and don’t get distracted. If something doesn’t put you closer to your goal, drop it. Clarity is power. Prov. 29:18
4. Be diligent. Finish what you start. Remember the end of thing is better than the beginning. If it worth starting –finish it! Prov. 13:4
5. Be Teachable. Don’t refuse good advice and accept instruction. Get all the help you can. All successful people had mentors and role models. Prov. 13:18
6. Be persistent. Be relentless. Tackle every task that God puts before you and expect a blessing. Quitters never win and winners never quit. Press toward the mark. Prov. 24:10
The number one reason most people don’t achieve their dreams is that they don’t have clarity. There is power in focus and visualizing what you want, confessing what you want and doing what you know to do!
As Teresa Hairston of Gospel Today magazine says, “Make your vision vivid.” Write your vision, make it plain and keep the momentum no matter how hard it gets – with God, all things
Pam Perry, www.myspace.com/pamperryprcoach