Don't Quit it until you get it...victory is assured to those who endure!
Wow. 2007 was proclaimed the year of the "Open Door" by spiritual leaders across the land. As we shouted over this Word, also note what scriptures says comes with an open door: "…and there are many adversaries" (1 Corinthians 16:9). I don't think any one would have expected all the turbulence that erupted in major ministries this year. It looked like the devil was playing pinball with mega-ministries this year and put it on display for the world to see.
But I hear the Word for 2008 loud and clear - this is our year of VICTORY! Yes, doors were opened with great opportunities along with great opposition. But God is faithful and He wants to reassure us that He has not forsaken us and always to remember that He is the source of victory.
No matter what didn't come to pass in 2007 or what heartbreaks happened, it's a new day and we're going after things a new way!
When there are difficult times - know incredible things are on the horizon. It's always darkest before the dawn - so don't give up. Keep fighting. Know we win in the end. It's in the Book!
We were born to win! So it's time we act like it, talk like it and walk in it. We were birthed with a purpose and hand-made by God in His image.
As with any victory, there are challenges, struggles and sometimes an out and out battle that precedes it. But remember if God is on our side, we win! I'm a living testimony.
Though I've gone through some trials this year, I've learned these hard times actually made me stronger. Once I passed through the valley, I experienced my greatest breakthrough on the other side. With every new level, there was a new "devil" waiting in the wings to steal my destiny - but I was wiser and stronger with each test I went through because I really believed that:
- I was more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil 4:13)
- God was perfecting all that concerns me (Psalm 138:8)
- Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4)
God equipped us all with the tools to win the battle and the war if we just keep going and don't throw in the towel. As my pastor, Dr. Stacia Pierce says, "Don't quit it until you get it." A dream delayed in not a dream denied.
Here are some strategies to keep a victorious attitude all year and remain undefeated:
1. Don't panic, worry or complain. Set your mind and keep it set on victory. When things seem to skid off the tracks, minimize the situation and maximize your time with God. The Word says, "Be still and know that I am God" (Ps. 46:10). God is bigger than your problem; greater than your issues. 2008 will be great if we keep the faith. Fear will die and courage will flourish when you take time and get alone in the presence of God. It's hard to complain about the minuscule when you're in the presence of the omniscient, omnipotent God. Enter into His rest; trust Him. God promises in Isaiah 43:2-3: "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the LORD your God." You can't worry and worship at the same time. So make it a habit to worship God with all your heart - He loves you.
2. Embrace your calling, claim your dream & define your goals. Be serious about success and don't compare yourself with others. Finding and fulfilling your own destiny is victory. By honing in on your own God-given gifts and talents will prevent you from being side-tracked by envy and jealousy which opens the door to negativity and adversity. Real winners keep their heart pure and focus on achieving more, doing more and reaching for more so they can live their dreams and make an impact on others. Winners are mission-minded. Run the race that God called you to run.
3. Fight back, be bold and very courageous. Your dreams are worth it. Know that battle is only temporary and we win when we fight using the weapons God has provided us: soak up the Scriptures so you can consistently confess the Word and declare victory over your situation; fasting to sharpen your spiritual sensitivity to hear God's voice; get rid of offence and walk in love and forgiveness; sow seed expecting a miracle because the law of reciprocity works; and praise God before you actually see the victory. That's proof of true belief.
4. Get wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The more you know, the more you grow. Readers are leaders. Study the champions. Read about great men and women. Meditate on biblical heroes like Joseph, Paul, David or Esther. Stay inspired. Create a prayer circle. Listen to godly advice from mentors. Ignorance can be deadly. "My people are destroyed from lack on knowledge" (Hosea 4:6). Continually expand your mind and learn from good books.
5. Give God time to work. Stand firm, stay strong and be patient in the process. Promotion follows adversity. Expect it. Get your eyes on the bigger picture. Feed your faith and don't lose hope. Life is a marathon not a sprint. Be tough; avoid the victim mentality when you get weary. Visualize success and keep faith photos of your goal before you. Patience is a weapon. "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up" (Galatians 6:9).
6. Stay focused. Your battle deserves your full attention. We only lose because of broken focus. Eliminate distractions and toxic people from your life. You'll be sure to get the victory when you keep your focus and full of joy. If we just learn to outlast the enemy, we win. When the enemy sees you are more determined than he is, he'll back down and you'll move forward into greater realms of victory.
The key is to stay the course with God. Endurance is rewarded - always. "With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies." Psalm 60:12
Shoot me an email and I'll send you a list of great books that will keep you on track to reach your dreams and walk in victory in 2008 and beyond - email@example.com